I sing on a Secret Frequency
Secret Frequency is an arts service organization run by Toronto-based Feminist, cultural commentator, writer, emcee, and music booker Candace Shaw.
Here are a few things she'd like to do:
- See gender parity on stages and panels at all festivals and conferences
- make sure artists understand how to put together good promo materials so that she never has to look at a crappy pitch ever again
- host a Country Hoedown-style variety show with Canadian roots musicians and other artists that wander through (it was on CBC. Look it up, son).
- run a series of of concerts in rural communities, using the church halls, Legions, and other disused community venues from the turn of the Twentieth century (similar to PEI's Festival of Small Halls).
- to get people out to live shows, listening to music they've never heard before and will probably never hear on the radio.
Her specialties are charming strangers and forgetting names.